Stamped and Embossed Tissue Box
Stamped & embossed tissue box
On a recent visit to Japan we came across hundreds of crafters in a queue. They were buying blank wooden tissue boxes! We thought we would give them a demonstration of what Lazertran could do. This was a very simple application and I’m sure you will do much more but here’s the basic technique.
- Blank wooden tissue box
- Stamps of your choice
- Waterproof stamping ink
- Embossing powder
- Heat gun, oven or iron
- Sheet of Lazertran paper
- Clear craft glue
- Small Artists brush
- Anti static cloth
- Wipe your sheet of Lazertran with the anti static cloth to allow the embossing powder to be removed from areas not stamped.
- Stamp your designs all over the sheet of Lazertran.
- Apply embossing powder and then shake excess back into container.
- Using a heat gun, iron or oven heat until embossed.
- Cut stamped images out.
- Soak in warm water.
- After about a minute the image will slide off the backing sheet on a clear decal.
- Apply craft glue to the area you want to put the embossed images.
- Slide the decal onto the glue and brush flat.
- Continue with the other decal. You can finish with any varnish.