This beautiful effect is achieved with ease using Lazertran on the back of that old glass plate you had forgotten in the cupboard.
- Glass plate
- Sheet of images on Lazertran
- Metal leaf, (fake gold. silver or copper it's up to you)
- A small bottle of recommended adhesive for metal leaf
- Red or black enamel paint
- Soft tissue paper
- Clean the back of the plate to remove grease and dirt.
- Cut your images out of the sheet of Lazertran. You do not have to be precise as the white areas will be clear.
- Soak the cut out images in warm water.
- Slide the images off the backing sheet onto the back of the glass plate.
- Positon then press home with a wad of tissue paper. If any creases occur over difficult shapes. warm with the hairdryer and stretch into curves.
- When all your images have been fixed dry well with the hairdryer.
- Apply an even coating of metal leaf glue and allow to get tacky. (Follow manufacturers instruction).
- Apply metal leaf all over the images until all are covered. (I usually apply a second coat of leaf).
- Finish with a coat of red or black paint to protect the leaf from scratching.
This technique can be used as a memory plate, just use your family photo instead of the images above.