Iron on inkjet transfer paper suitable for dark coloured cloth.
Not for use with laser printers.
Lazertran dark cloth transfer paper is available from our US store
Printer & driver settings
- Print onto the white side of the transfer paper.
- Transfer paper mode (if available) if not normal paper using best quality.
- We recommend allowing the image to dry for about 30 minutes before continuing to apply to fabric.
Preparation and Application
- Switch your iron high and pre-heat. Iron any wrinkles out of the cloth. Do not use steam.
- Place a smooth cloth, for example, 2 or 3 kitchen towels or a folded pillowcase between the fabric and a flat solid surface such as a tabletop.
- Cut the image out. Remember any white areas will show as white after transfer.
- Release the backing paper by peeling off and place the thin membrane with the image on it face up onto the cloth.
- Cover the image with the parchment paper provided and iron through the parchment paper applying consistent circular pressure distributing the heat evenly. Concentrate on using the center of the iron during transfer, paying particular attention to the edges of the image. Do not use steam. Heat for 60-90 seconds for small images and 90-120 seconds for larger images.
- Let the transfer cool then peel off the parchment paper.
A heat press can also be used. Set the temperature to 160°C and press for approx 40 seconds.
- Wash at max 40°C turning the garment inside out.
- Do not bleach and do not tumble dry.
- Protect the image with kitchen parchment paper when ironing.